Perhaps you remember the old TV Show, “Dragnet”, and Jack Webb’s often quoted line … “Just the facts, Ma’am…”
Well, I’m excited to share with you just the facts of our past year … our third year since Jeffrey’s Voice was founded as a 501c3 public charity with the single mission of funding research for a cure for Leukemia and blood cancers. Here’s 2012 in review, by the numbers!
- One beautiful new website for Jeffrey’s Voice, donated and maintained by an amazing and talented artist, designer, photographer and Guardian Angel, Lovella Paradiso
- Five dedicated and wonderful members of the Jeffrey’s Voice Board of Trustees gave of their time and their dollars in the fight for a cure
- Six beautiful people shared their story with you about their challenges battling Leukemia
- 11 people went bald for a day for Jeffrey’s Voice and a cure for Leukemia and raised nearly $4,500 in the Small Army for a Cause “Be Bold, Be Bald” campaign
- 29 Reviews on Great NonProfits earned Jeffrey’s Voice the 2012 Top Rated Health NonProfit Award
- 250+ participated in the Second Annual FlapJack Dash 5K & Kids Race, plus many volunteers from Mount Pisgah Christian School in Johns Creek, GA, and one truly awesome Race Director ~ Katie Strawinski, a Senior at Mount Pisgah
- 400+ new subscribers to our Newsletter, blog & website
- 600 Orange Silicone Jeffrey’s Voice/CureLeukemia wristbands donated by Carolyn Hall Fisher
- 1,272 participating in our Online Awareness Campaign, “Leaving the light on for you, Jeffrey …”
- 1,383 “Liked” our Jeffrey’s Voice Face Book Page
- 2,367 followed @Cure_Leukemia on Twitter
- 4,000 members joined our Cause, Cure Leukemia & Blood Cancers
- $15,000 netted from the 2012 FlapJack Dash
- $25,000 in additional funding for leukemia research provided to the Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
- It’s been a busy year for Jeffrey’s Voice! But, without each of you who have supported Jeffrey’s Voice with your time, your dollars, and, sometimes, your tears, none of this would have been possible.
***And, because of your generosity, Jeffrey’s Voice is providing additional research funding in 2013. Dollar by dollar, we will win the war against Leukemia, because we must! Together, we will reach the day when no more are lost to this wretched disease, when all remissions are permanent, and when finally there is a cure for all.
Thank you for your support! Thank you for joining in the fight to cure Leukemia! Wishing you a New Year filled with good health, happiness, and, especially, hope ~